Through the heavy morning rains and thunderstorms, you could still see the bright light of all the technologists that were in Chicago for the Google Cloud Summit.
At the Summit, the HYCU team was there in force and we were extremely impressed by the attendance and the caliber of professionals that stopped by our booth, and who we networked with during the event. Check out what our VP Cloud Solutions Tom Bausemer, had to say about that! For my session, Backup as a Service, Keeping Cloud Data Available – a New Approach to Backup & DR, it was great to share how we’re helping partners and customers with their data protection needs.
During the session, we discussed the challenges that we see customers facing in moving workloads to the cloud as part of their cloud journey. We shared strategies for getting data to the cloud for backup, for disaster recovery, and for application migration. We also discussed the unique challenges of protecting workloads in GCP and how HYCU can help you make data protection, security, and retention simple and cost effective. We even did a quick live demo so everyone could see firsthand what HYCU can do! And yes, the demo gods were good to us!
From our perspective, here are a few key takeaways from the conversations at my session, and a little more on what HYCU is doing:
- Google is hyper-focused on supporting all your workloads in the cloud. We see this in our on-going work with GCP partners. Google continues to innovate with new services that will allow you to migrate applications from on-prem or start new projects and cloud-native applications with as little overhead as possible.
- HYCU has a full range of solutions to help you meet your goals in your cloud journey. Whether you are still mostly on-prem, or are running Kubernetes-only workloads, we have the right solution for you, and can work to help meet any challenge you are facing.
- There are still real challenges in protecting cloud-native workloads and you need to plan accordingly. The cloud isn’t magic. It’s a tool like any other, and understanding how to use it appropriately is critical to having successful projects.
- HYCU is uniquely positioned to provide protection of cloud-native workloads in GCP. Our solutions are purpose-built for Google users, and make leveraging HYCU as easy as using any other GCP service.
- We align our efforts to Google innovation. We recently made support for SAP HANA protection available, which is an area we know there is an enormous amount of interest from Google Cloud users and partners this year.
- We introduced CloudSQL Support at Google Cloud Next in San Francisco and it will be generally available this quarter. More GCP service workloads will follow, so keep your eyes on this blog.
A personal note of thanks to everyone that attended my session. It was great to speak to everyone during, and after the session. To anyone that missed the session, I’d love to show you what HYCU can do. Feel free to reach out at email@example.com or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re more of a self-starter, we offer a free 14-day trial available directly from the GCP Marketplace.
If you’re attending Google Cloud Summit Mexico City, make sure to stop by! We’ll be there in force and welcome the opportunity to help with your backup and recovery needs for Google Cloud. Until then!