As with every Google event, the recent Google Cloud Summit in Chicago was phenomenal. Our team had a great time sharing more on how HYCU can help change the way you think about backup and recovery for your apps, data, databases, services and VMs in Google Cloud. It was also great to speak to so many enthusiastic technologists that came to learn and share ideas of their own.
And while our VP Cloud Solutions Tom Bausemer wrote a great recap on what he enjoyed about the Summit, and I wrote a post about a speaking session I had, I’ve been giving more thought to a few key takeaways, in addition to a few I shared prior.
- Migrating workloads to the cloud is a Google priority. Whether that is for backup, disaster recovery, or production in the cloud, Google wants to help you leverage their platform to solve your technology challenges.
- Analytics and Machine learning (ML) are everywhere. Once you have your data in Google Cloud Platform, you can leverage their APIs to run analytics and ML on everything.
- Kubernetes is powerful and scalable, but transitioning legacy apps to the Kubernetes paradigm can be daunting.
- SAP HANA on GCP is Google’s secret weapon. With high mem instances in the double digit TERABYTES migrating SAP to GCP is easier than ever.
- Serverless is the future for application development. With CloudSQL, Big Query, and all the other serverless solutions, GCP is positioned to be the easiest platform for app development.
With all these new reasons to get data and applications on GCP you have to think about how you’ll get the data there and how you’ll protect it. With that in mind, we created a simple, step-by-step guide to help. You can find the guide, “HYCU Lift and Shift Backup and Disaster Recovery Scenario for Google Cloud,” here. Let us know what you think. If you’re interested in learning more on how we’re helping Google partners and users with their backup and recovery needs for GCP, drop us a line at email@example.com. We also offer a free 14-day trial available directly from the GCP Marketplace.